- Reference: CJ46808
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Leinster, Wexford
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
- Recruits, coaches and develops organisational talent.
- Keeps the organisations vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
- Apply engineering methods in the design, development, utilisation, maintenance, and cost-control of processes and equipment used to build products, improve quality and reduce costs of such processes and products.
- Develop in-depth process knowledge and systematically record it using Process FMEAs, Design of Experiments, Procedures, Standard Work documents and Troubleshooting Guides.
- Ensure proactive response to all customer complaints, whether internally generated or externally generated, by seeking root cause for problems and correcting them at the source.
- Validate new and modified processes to required FDA and ISO standards.
- Drive a continuous improvement philosophy and manage continuous improvement initiatives to reduce variation and promote predictable process performance and achieve the highest levels of product and process quality within the business, meeting or exceeding both internal and external customer expectations.
- Management of the ongoing standardisation of the process and products from within the company and major customer sites, including the standardisation of engineering management processes.
- The improvement of productivity through local initiatives involving the modification of methods, layouts and equipment.
- Overall control and application of best practice Engineering and Maintenance methods leading to World Class Manufacturing performance.
- Support the introduction of new technologies and new products from other Integer & customer manufacturing sites. This will include taking products from R&D and developing efficient manufacturing processes, which deliver product that conforms to the company’s rigorous quality standards.
- Ensure those who report to you maintain the highest standards of personal performance as fits world class engineering & maintenance organisations.
- Preparation of department budgets and management of spending within the limits set by the annual budget.
- Ensure open communication and co-operation with Operations and Quality Assurance for the rapid recommendation and implementation of changes necessary to correct problems or improve the products and processes.
- Train and direct staff members in a manner that ensures that all processes and procedures are followed, that the highest levels of quality and workmanship are used in the construction and assembly of our products. Ensure that those who report to you receive all required training and are encouraged towards personal development.
- Develop, implement and supervise facilities related corrective and preventative maintenance functions and services. Continually improve these programmes with latest technology.
- Ensure the building and plant equipment is maintained to a standard appropriate to a medical device company.
- Selecting and leading cross functional teams to achieve improvement in productivity, efficiency, and quality in co-operation with other Engineering Leads within Integer.
- Play a leadership role in encouraging the Company to achieve world class standards, above all by setting your own high professional standards as an example.
- Ensure the company behavioural standards are adhered to, setting the example yourself for your direct reports.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Experience of high volume labour intensive manufacturing environment within the medical device or healthcare sector.
- Experience of the supervision of technical & maintenance resources
- Ability to coordinate, plan and efficiently organise substantial engineering & maintenance resources.
- Provides direction and monitors progress of engineers and supervisory staff toward departmental goals; monitors costs of projects and of human and material resources within a department or unit; monitors company-wide indicators such as market share and profitability; monitors external environment in areas of technical or professional responsibility. Will perform this job in a quality system environment.
Education and Experience Required:
- B.E Degree or equivalent.
- Masters Degree in Lean Operations, Engineering or equivalent an advantage.
- Six Sigma green belt. Black belt an advantage.
- Greater than 10 years’ technical supervision and 5 years in management.
- Chartered Engineer status an advantage
- High volume labour intensive manufacturing experience.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!