Collins McNicholas is recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company in Cork. The Engineering Manager is required to optimize processes & support day to day operations and to manage & coordinate the maintenance activities within Packaging.
The role will support the strategic development of the Packaging operations, to partner with the Packaging team and deliver “Best in Class” solutions. This is a key position within Engineering while the longer-term objective is of being a key contributor to the Engineering function leadership.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Leads the day-to-day activities of a team of Engineering and maintenance personnel which shall include external contractors in addition to internal line reports. This shall include coordinating and prioritizing daily tasks, performing training and performance reviews to accomplish company objectives, in accordance with the budget and timelines.
- Works across organizational, cultural, and geographic boundaries to optimize company strategic approach to the use of Packaging technology.
- Supports introduction and integration of new technologies (e.g. Aggregation, Blister & device packaging) andor new processes, as needed & support delivery of the business goals.
- Coordinates the specification, installation, utilization, qualification, and improvement of equipment used for solid dose and vial products.
- Supports the development and execution of the strategic vision for Engineering in the Packaging area.
- Supports the management activities at third party sites, including providing overall technical support;
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority.
- Provides leadership and direction to engineers and contractors and provides technical guidance and training to junior group members.
- Builds relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to generate awareness, educate, and achieve consensus on Engineering issues, including the support of CMO
- Responsible for personnel management to select, develop and evaluate staff to ensure the efficient operation of the function & conducts or coordinates training and performance reviews.
Knowledge & Skills
- The ideal candidate will possess proven Packaging technology experience
- The candidate should have collaboration and leadership experience and be able to influence and cooperate with cross functional peers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of pharmaceutical packaging, process manufacturing, OEE, MTBF, and root cause failure analysis.
- Effectively participates in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards along with knowledge of industry practices.
- Significant relevant experience and a BS or BA or related fields.
- Has previous experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry.
- Has previous experience in engineering in highly regulated manufacturing environments
- Experience in pharmaceutical operations/cGMP environment highly desirable.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Josh Barnes.