Video for this job
- Ensure equipment compliance to Corporate guidelines, safety regulations and regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with Production, Quality and Supply Chain to deliver Operational objectives, liaise closely with all relevant departments to support business objectives
- Manage the seamless introduction of new products from R&D/NPI to volume manufacturing.
- Sustain and improve the performance and maintenance of the production equipment/lines through programs like TPM ensuring business continuity.
- Management of continuous programs to improve process yields and reduce scrap.
- Develop and foster a Lean Six Sigma culture with an effective problem-solving approach.
- Manage equipment capacity through optimization and/or new equipment procurement.
- Develop Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within the engineering team to support and advance production processes.
- Develop capital projects proposals, administrate and manage the site capital budget
- Evaluate new technologies and prepare ROI proposals to senior management for investment planning.
- Working with the Business Units develop and implement a Technical Road Map and an automation strategy.
- Career path development for technical staff; hiring, coaching and developing new and existing employees, promoting continuous improvement and cross functional team work.
- Integrate sister sites Centres of Excellence, leverage and share network knowledge. Contribute on broader Engineering topics and forums and build strong collaborations within industry.
- Identify and project manage a diverse array of Engineering related projects.
- Ensure safety and product quality are never compromised.
- B.E. with at least 7 years relevant engineering management experience.
- Must have proven track record in managing and developing a professional / technical team.
- The ability to implement Process Capability and Lean Principles in every aspect of Engineering.
- Working knowledge of six sigma would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong knowledge of ISO and FDA requirements.