An exciting new opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join a growing team in Leitrim. This company is working on some of the most cutting edge technology for some of the globes leading technology companies. If you enjoy leading teams, developing technology and providing world class products this could be the role for you.
- Set and communicate operational performance standards to employees, driving continuous improvement in Engineering and Maintenance best practice.
- Lead initiatives to reduce costs, continuously improving performance in constrained areas .
- Support engineering team in management and execution of multiple plant critical projects .
- Develop, monitor, and report project status of actual costs v budget goals.
- Facilitate HR strategy in team staffing and retention to support plant productivity and quality goals as determined by customer requirements.
- Develop and implement programmes related to quality, cost, and delivery.
- Understand and support adherence to key regulations and standards: EHS best practice and statutory requirements, IATF16949, ISO 14001 standards. Guide team in meeting goals established for each.
- Oversee and approve all vendor outsourcing and selection for machine and machine tools.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, coaching and development to engineering staff.
- Oversee site facilities management with direct responsibility for key services .
- B. Eng Degree or equivalent with 5-7 years post graduate experience.
- Working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma practices and methods.
- Strong knowledge of engineering best practice in high volume manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite / CAD.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) in English; strong interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Equipment Safety Standards.
- Working knowledge of jig and fixture design / equipment design / process design / error-proofing systems design.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role please contact Christopher O Toole