- Reference: LK46317
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Limerick, Tipperary
- Category: Medical Devices
My client an American Multinational Medical Device company with operations in Limerick are looking to add to their Engineering Team. As a member of the OEM Engineering group, this role will provide engineering support to manufacturing, new product development and new technology development activities within the Limerick site.
Key responsibilities will include (but are not limited) to the following:
- Coordinates and performs work within areas of ownership. Measures and manages team performance as required.
- Actively participate in cross functional teams and value stream initiatives to meet company goals.
- Represents the company in customer interactions including customer visits in a professional, constructive and commercially aware manner.
- Ensures that customer expectations are managed and met in all areas of business interaction.
- Works with the company’s Customer Services, Sales, value stream teams to facilitate professional and timely delivery of information relating to quotes, orders, deliveries, complaints and other queries as they arise.
- Leads Product development, new process development or process improvement projects achieving the required standard in cost management, quality assurance, health and safety assurance, productivity and sales growth.
- Upgrade of current, and the development of new equipment and processes including tooling, jigs and fixtures.
- Validation and development of manufacturing processes including materials and processing technology.
- Source and manage vendors for the supply of new equipment and processes.
- Generate and maintain quality documentation, work instructions and CAPA’s in accordance with compliance with relevant standards, ISO 13485, F.D.A, G.M.P. for medical devices, and environmental health and safety.
- Ensure full compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure Quality and EHS policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ability to communicate technical information and concepts to a prospective customer in a clear format
- Ability to understand customer relationships
- Ability to generate appropriate relationships with customers and vendors
- Ability to deal with difficult customer communications
- Ability to influence customers where necessary
- Third level relevant Degree
- 5+ years’ technical experience in a similar environment
- Basic Project management skills
- Understanding of a Quality system
- Statistical analysis
- Structured Problem-Solving techniques
- Understanding of Lean Principles
- Ability to drive projects to completion
- Technical report writing
- Process validations/FMEA’s and protocols
- Understanding of Health & Safety – Machine safety, basic Ergonomics, electrical safety, Chemical safety
- Ability to generate and understanding technical drawing (AutoCAD/Inventor)
- Understanding of new product introduction process
- Ability to work in a fluid, demanding environment.
To apply for this role please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential call please call Ben of 061 512270