Excellent opportunity to join Ireland’s leading supplier of specialized timber products.Reporting directly to Site Manager.
The Production Engineer will support the ongoing operations to ensure the efficient, timely and safe fabrication, pressure treatment and movement of stock in accordance with management planning and customer requirement. They will be responsible for driving a culture of continuous improvement across the site delivering key performance metrics.
- Promote company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies in the performance of the role and ensure compliance with Company and statutory regulations.
- Build strong collaborative working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Be an ambassador for high site standards, Conduct and document regular site inspection
- Supports the IT Mgr. with the IT infrastructure on site.
- Support the Site Manager with organisation and scheduling of production plan.
- Supports the Site Manager with headcount and resource requirements to support the delivery of the production plan.
- Works closely with the Quality Manager on the quality of all stock. Supports any issues that may arise.
- Promotes and fosters a continuous improvement culture on site.
- Identifies key areas for improvement and using the WCM/Lean methodology
- Support and lead CI project to deliver cost saving, improved efficiency, waste reduction projects on site.
- Optimise site layout – review current site plan and optimise layout with reference to MUDA
- Ensure development and integration of Standard Operating Procedures to drive consistent performance
- Support the Site Manager with development of key skills and behaviours within the team.
- Gain the buy in and support of operators by engaging them in project work, new initiatives, SOP writing etc