Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for an Energy Engineer with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a contractor position
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Ensure that energy management is in line with best international practice.
- Initiate and execute studies and projects leading to improved energy efficiency.
- Liaise between the IT/DCS and the Process Control Group (PCG) to ensure plant operates at optimal efficiency.
- Monitoring of energy efficiency and ensuring that early corrective action is taken if performance deviates from target.
- Identify opportunities to improve energy efficiency via upgrade of existing technologies and introduction of new technologies.
- Use appropriate software tools to analyse current plant performance and predict how performance will change with new equipment or different operating conditions.
- Contribute to the development of the site long term energy strategy.
- Contribute to the formulation and resolution of process improvements, practices and controls.
- Working to high plant standards in the areas of safety and quality.
- Degree Qualified Chemical Engineer or Energy Engineer.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a highly automated chemical plant.
- Detailed knowledge of the structure and operation of ISO 50001.
- Detailed knowledge of the plant energy calculations.
- Understanding of the plant mass & energy balances.
- Experience of process control system in a highly automated operating plant.
- First principle understanding of thermodynamics.
- Strong knowledge of design of process equipment.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael O’Leary