This is an excellent opportunity for a Distribution Supply Chain professional with experience in Medical / Pharmaceutical or Food industry to move into a more challenging, rewarding role.
Title: EMEA Distribution Planner
Reports to: EMEA Operations Manager
Purpose of Job:
The Distribution Analyst, Sr. will have two primary responsibilities:
1) Maintain a 98.5%+ In Stock Rate target for the EMEA/APAC Distribution Centers, EMEA/APAC Service Centers, and International Warehouses.
2) Lead the communication and resolution of all out of stock situations and potential out of stock risks balancing customer satisfaction, inventory investment, and logistics expense
Major Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage the inventory ordering system to maintain target level of service for DDC customer orders, DDC service center orders (Switzerland, France, Germany, etc.), and service center (SVC) customer orders.
– Daily update of the Distribution Requirements Plan (DRP) for DDC and SVC.
– Execution of daily replenishment orders to the 3 EMEA/APAC DDC’s.
– Providing the order quantities for EMEA/APAC SVC replenishment to EMEA/APAC Service Operations.
– Support weekly reconciliation of ERP system inventory and WMS system inventory.
– Monthly execution of replenishment orders International country warehouses.
- Establish and track metrics/ objectives to measure progress to these goals.
– Weekly and monthly in stock rate metric reporting.
- Lead demand management activities for all products within scope of stocking strategy. This involves working with senior management within marketing and order management on the allocation of product where demand is more than supply.
– Participate or lead demand reviews when required.
– Create statistical forecasts for assigned sales areas and markets with close collaboration with the Demand Planners when required.
- Provide customer service support to GSC order management, International, and the EMEA/APAC based Advantage center on all issues related to disposables (shortages, shelf life, etc.).
- Interact and engage with senior business leaders (eg V.P. Germany) to define business objectives and coordinate across cross functional organizations.
- Represent Planning and Inventory Control (P&IC) as primary P.O.C. for projects and business objectives involving distribution of finished goods and replenishment planning.
- Solve complex business problems across several global regions. These supply chain problems could result in lost business opportunities or patients going without care.
- Integrate quantitative and qualitative data into actionable supply chain plans in support of business objectives. Observe trends and react with appropriate countermeasures. Execute these plans and countermeasures proactively with minimal management oversight.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience in supply chain, operations, or logistics planning
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with ERP, MRP II, MRP, SCP, or DRP systems.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Full working knowledge of inventory management such as the uses of safety stock, decoupling stock, lead time stock, order interval stock, etc. Knowledge base should include industry best practices
- Complete understanding of the principles and concepts of time series forecasting models such as moving averages