Working with the engineering team and across all functions of the company, we are seeking an experienced engineer to lead manufacturing systems development and NPI projects in our full service, manufacturing and new product introduction company based in Galway. The successful candidate will work alongside other engineers and manufacturing team members specialising in electronics assembly for the Medical Electronics, ICT and Automotive sectors.
- Delivery of the implementation of manufacturing process projects, both deployment of new capabilities and process enhancements.
- Coordinate / lead new product introduction teams and projects
- Collaboratively work with customers to help refine new product designs to ensure cost effective manufacturability.
- Support the costing of products for quotation.
- Producing PPAP and samples for customer qualification.
- Setting up the product manufacturing processes.
- ECO documentation management.
- Defining the manufacturing process.
- Carrying out FMEA and control plans.
- Costed B.O.M. configured into the Syspro ERP system.
- Development of Work Instructions and programming of equipment.
- Determination and purchase of tooling and fixture requirements.
- Generating test process requirements.
- Continuous Improvement Projects including Lean Six Sigma / Cost Reduction programmes.
- NFQ level 8 (Hons Degree or Masters) is preferred with specialism in Electronics.
- At least 5 years’ experience in an Electronic Engineering manufacturing environment.
- Manufacturing experience in an ERP manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working in smaller cross functional teams with ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Project management capability and experience.
- Ability to read and understand electronic circuit designs and schematics is preferred.
- Strong technical wring skills – producing requirement specifications, risk reports etc
- Previous exposure to automated manufacturing process flows and flexible production environments is preferred.
- Demonstratable Lean and/or Six Sigma knowledge and experience is preferred.
- Experience of automated product serializations and tracking systems is preferred.
- Database experience in SQL is desirable.
- Knowledge of manufacturing in ISO9001:2015 or IS13485:2016 is desirable.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Stephen Kelly on 091-706714.