Our client, a financial organisation based in Sligo, require a full-time resource to provide cover for the Electronic Payments Official and Finance Officer for their busy organisation. Outside of the provision of cover to those functions, the person will be involved in project work to ensure the organisation is keeping up to date with all legislative and regulatory requirements.
Electronics Payments Official
The Electronic Payments official has overall responsibility for the smooth, accurate processing of all electronic payments. The role requires strong attention to detail, methodical processing and accurate reconciliation of the movement of funds. The Electronics Payments Official needs to understand direct debits, automated payments processes and be able to handle high volumes of data. In addition, the role involves implementing effective processes and controls to accurately measure, analyse and reconcile funds in accordance to best practice and/or regulatory requirements and to ensure that all the supporting detail is in place to substantiate all aspects of the processing.
The Finance officer has overall responsibility for the financial management of the organisation. The role requires the delivery of timely, accurate financial management reporting. In addition, the role involves implementing effective processes and controls to accurately measure, analyse and report on the financial performance while reviewing financial reports to ensure all the underlying processes, reviews and controls have been completed in accordance to best practice and/or regulatory requirements and that all the supporting detail is in place to substantiate the balance sheet figures.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An accountancy qualification with financial control and management reporting experience
- Have a strong understanding of business operations and information systems
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Proven record in dealing with Standard IT packages
- Strong ability to interpret software systems
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Methodical approach to work
- Have a working knowledge of the financial services sector
- Proficient in the use of All Microsoft products and especially strong Excel skills
- Excellent reporting writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and work calmly under pressure
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email email@example.com