- Reference: LK46570
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Limerick, Tipperary
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for an Electronic Engineering Manager with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a permanent position.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Manage the electrical engineering activities and professionals.
- Collaborates with Electrical Engineering team for priorities and technical direction.
- Identifies the resource needs and recruit’s talent to fill the needs.
- Develops and maintains the electrical engineering design practices, processes and standards.
- Participates in technical design reviews to ensure electrical design integrity and safety are achieved.
- Ensures on-time product development by collaborating with other leaders to estimate reasonable and precise schedules and solve problems quickly
- Provides guidance and professional development to team of engineers and completes their yearly performance reviews.
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
- May give input into developing the budget.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (Master of Science degree preferred)
- Proven number of years of electrical engineering design experience
- Demonstrable man management experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation and analytical skills
- Experience in medical device industry is a plus
- DFSS knowledge is a plus
- Track record for successfully assessing and hiring the best talent for the team.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and engage a high performing engineering team to successfully meet goals.
- Strong background in complex circuit design, PCB design, electro-mechanical design, EMI/EMC compliance, safety compliance, failure investigation/troubleshooting.
- Successful estimation and execution of complex electrical design work packages.
- Track record of working in a global collaborative engineering environment.
- Capable of balancing labour demand and create the flexibility to respond to changing load while meeting commitments.
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270