The role of EHSS Specialist/Engineer will be reporting to the Director of Operations or the EHSS Manager. The purpose of this role is to ensure systems are in place and functioning to effectively maintain a safe workplace and ensure compliance is adhered to in terms of regulations.
- Adheres to company values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Serves as subject matter expert on EHSS matters related to associate safety, environmental protection, property protection, process, and equipment safety, and security in a manufacturing environment.
- Implements site-specific EHSS strategy and initiate policies, programs, and initiatives to ensure EHSS compliance and achieve EHSS goals.
- Monitors and evaluates the impact of new laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Leads site efforts, projects and cross-functional EHSS teams in the direction of continuously improving work environment that is safe and environmentally friendly
- Ensures required records, permits and reports are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines by local, state and federal agencies
- Trains new and existing Associates on company policies, procedures, and regulations as required
- Identifies hazardous workplace conditions, performs and documents job hazard analysis, and coordinates activities to ensure corrective and preventative actions are implemented.
- Responds to day-to-day Associate concerns in an appropriate and timely manner
- Manages the investigation of work-related injuries and works with Human Resources with workers compensation claims and return to work programs.
- Reviews, measures, audits, and reports on efforts in attaining compliance with EHSS laws, regulations, company policies, and best practices.
- Leads and trains Emergency Response Team (ERT) to be proficient in areas necessary at the facility including hazmat, incipient fire, medical or other potential emergencies
- Liaison to government agencies, emergency responders and customers
- Perform other functions as required.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree EHS, Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, Science or other EHS field
- Minimum Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in a medical device or manufacturing environment
- Special Skills: Attention to detail, well-organized, and able to solve problems. Able to manage time in order to complete tasks by required deadlines. Ability to speak in public with good communication and leadership skills. Can work independently, as well as with a team. Ability to lead, motivate, and positively influence others. Self-driven and highly motivated.
- Specialized Knowledge: Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations regarding safety, environmental protection and hazardous materials transportation (US example: OSHA, EPA, DOT, and IATA). Knowledge of site-specific regulations and standards such as lasers, radiation, process safety, emergency response, permitting, ergonomics, and worker’s compensation. Certifications preferred: First Aid, CPR, AED.
- Salary DOE
- FlexiTime policy
- Healthcare (individual cover)