- Reference: GJ46044
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway City, Mayo
- Category: Health & safety
Environmental Health and Safety Officer required with strong experience in manufacturing essential. Co. Galway
Waste – Recording general waste, recycling, metal waste and hazardous waste into excel document and keep paperwork in the Environmental Folder in the office.
Health and Safety
- Regular walks throughout the factory.
- Ensure contractors carrying out work on site complete the H&S induction form, ensure you have a copy of their risk assessment, safety statement and insurances.
- Safety Inspection Reports to be completed fortnightly.
- Company Safety Statement to be updated annually and signed by senior management.
- Health & Safety and Environmental Policy to be updated and signed by management.
- Fire Drill undertaken annually.
- Fire Extinguishers serviced annually.
- Working at height permit to be completed for the use of hoist.
- Ensure forklift checks are carried out weekly
- Manual Handling training carried out with staff, new employees to receive manual handling training when the start.
- Safety Data Sheets must be up to date for all chemicals on site.
Strong experience in ISO 14001
Accidents/Incidents – Reporting all accidents/incidents.
Inductions – All new staff to receive a H&S induction along with a tour of the factory.
- Contracts, induction forms, application forms, health questionnaire and bank details to be completed and signed for new staff.
- Risk Assessments – To be updated annually or when required.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job spec (more information on the role), please contact Noeleen Stewart on 091-706712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie