- Reference: SJ46918
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Leitrim, Mayo, Sligo
- Category: Health & safety
Our client based in Sligo require an EHS Specialist to join their team on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
- Provide direction and support to the site in meeting the requirements of the EHS Management and Technical Standards,ISO and OHSAS standards and other external regulations.
- Maintain ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Certification
- Support the development, implementation and maintenance of the Site EHS Strategic Plan and regularly review this plan with site management.
- Liaise with Managers / Team Leaders to ensure employees are trained to a defined competency standard with all applicable EHS policies and procedures.
- Perform Risk assessments throughout the plant and oversee and monitor training on risk assessments
- Ensure adequate training is in place to ensure that employees and contractors can perform their roles in compliance with all EHS standards.
- Manage the EHS Assessment of all new chemicals and processes
- Implement ongoing evaluation of EHS awareness activities and develop continuous improvement on EHS programmes.
- Provide EHS reports to Division and Corporate as requested.
- Support, improve and continuously monitor the Site Emergency Response Plan to ensure it meets the requirements of changing processes.
- Support the Emergency Response Team during an EHS emergency
- Support EHS activities during construction phases
- Assist in induction and training of new and/or existing employees.
- Auditing to ensure compliance with safety standards and with the corporate management and technical standards
- Monitor and achieve environmental targets such as recycling, waste,emissions etc.
- Maintain the Global incident reporting system.
Experience and Education:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a regulated manufacturing environment in an EHS role, including proven track record in managing contractor safety.
- Detailed knowledge of legislation, policies, strategies, and systems needed to implement and maintain a regulated Environmental Health and Safety organization.
- BSc in Occupational Safety & Health Level 8, or a degree in a related discipline is a necessary requirement for this position, as ability to understand scientific process and implement EHS systems is a fundamental prerequisite in this role.
- A demonstrated commitment to further learning is essential, with additional qualifications in the following desired but not essential:
- FETAC Level 6: Manual Handling Instructor and Assessor
- FETEC Level 6: Train the Trainer
- FETAC Level 5: Qualified Occupational First Aider
- Internal Occupational Health & Safety Management System
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!