- Reference: CJ47185
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Health & safety
- The EHS Specialist will ensure the organisation meets all regulatory and corporate requirements from an EHS & Risk Management perspective, coordinating and implementing all assigned OH&S tasks related to EHS objectives and activities on site.
Role Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure robust systems are in place for Risk Management, EHS Compliance Auditing, Safety Culture, EHS training, Accident Investigation, EHS communications and EHS promotional activities etc. on site.
- Develop and coordinate Emergency Response Process onsite and link with Business Continuity Plan at site level
- Chemical safety program, PSSR and new product introductions are compliant with regulations and industry best practice.
- Support Machine Safety, Atex, IH and Ergonomics program on site
- EHS action tracking system (Enviromanager) and CAPA Management system (Corrective and Preventive Actions) and similar software tools oversight building cross functional ownership.
- Engage with other departments within the organisation to ensure corrective actions are understood and implemented.
- Report out weekly to management and teams on KPIs in line with EHS objectives/targets (planned vs. actual performance).
- Undertake Auditing of EHS systems and ensure that corrective actions are closed within a timely manner.
- Ensure the site complies with ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and company EHS Standards.
- Maintain a high standard of documentation in relation to all activities
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate will a self-starter who can drive and manage day to day tasks and projects while collaborating with relevant stakeholders to ensure project deliverables are met to defined schedules.
Key Competencies required:
- Ability to work independently (a self-starter) or in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional Project Management, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Influencing skills
- Team player
Qualifications and Experience:
- Third level qualification or Diploma in Health and Safety
- 5 – 7 years EHS Experience working in Medical Devices
- Experience in identifying corrective actions and solutions for EHS hazards and risks identified
- Working knowledge of Irish H&S and Environmental Legislation and regulations
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools (MS Word, Excel, Power-point). MS Project or similar tool is an advantage.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!