EHS Specialist required for long term contract with a background in pharma / medical device. Mayo.
- Engage, influence and support the management team and employees in laboratory departments to achieve safety and environmental goals & objectives in line with the overall campus goals and objectives.
- Influence management and engage employees to drive excellence in safety performance, utilising the Operational Excellence framework to drive EHS improvements.
- Risk assessment of tasks, changes, machinery and contractor activities.
- Together with the EHS Team, develop and implement effective safety programs and initiatives to continuously improve safety performance, including Risk Assessment; Accident Investigation; Ergonomics; Behavioural Safety; Safety Promotion; EHS Training; EHS Audits; Contractor Safety Management; Safety Committees.
- Lead the chemical safety, industrial hygiene and ergonomics programs campus-wide.
- Min 5 years relevant EHS experience, preferably in pharmaceutical / medical device industry.
- Third level diploma/degree in health and safety.
- Pharma/med device experience required. Ideally a few years in similar role. Role responsible for laboratories and chemical safety programme. Qualification in health & Safety required.
- Knowledge and experience of EHS regulatory requirements, chemical safety and industrial hygiene. Knowledge and experience of REACH Regulation also desirable.
- Self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal, communication, organisation and decision-making skills.
For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job spec (more information on the role), please contact Noeleen Stewart on 091-706712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org