- Develop and implement EHS programmes to ensure compliance with local legislation, company standards and industry best practices including programmes such as: risk assessments; contractor management; incident investigation; chemical management; ergonomics; bio-risk; equipment & machine safety; industrial hygiene; high risk work – e.g. hot work, confined space entry, work at height, etc.
- Demonstrate leadership and a strong desire to protect employees, our community and the environment – leading with a ’safety first’ mindset.
- Prepare reports to site, divisional and/or corporate management and regulatory agencies.
- Evaluate all EHS applicable requirements for any new projects and processes (along with other site departments where necessary) as well as changes in the existing processes and installation.
- Conduct annual site self-assessments, and more frequent operating unit assessments, tracking and directing follow-up activities to correct any non-conformity.
- Team player, capable of working within a multi functionary team environment; and to periodically lead teams.
- Enthusiastic with a strong drive for results.
- Self-directed, capable of using own initiative to make EHS improvements.
- Dedicated to maintaining high standards, with the courage and candour to ensure things are done properly onsite – ‘right first time.’
- Desire to protect employees and environment.
- 3+ years’ EHS experience in Pharmaceutical, or other highly regulated industry.
- Proven track record of success in the EHS sector.
- Experience on supporting multiple activities/projects.
- Industrial Hygiene experience an advantage
- Ability to influence others.
- Innovative & Compliance-minded, with the drive to go seek out the necessary information.
- ‘Safety First’ mindset.
- Primary Bachelor’s Degree in EHS or Technical Primary Bachelor’s Degree with a post-grad EHS qualification is required.
- Technically strong; with an understanding of a variety of EHS topics.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane on 021-4320675 or email firstname.lastname@example.org