Our client, an innovative biopharmaceutical company, is seeking an EHS Specialist to join their facility in Sligo. As an Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Specialist you will support the Site Lead Team to develop, implement and maintain Environmental, Health and Safety practices, programs and initiatives, which will contribute to establishment of a strong EHS culture on site.
Responsibilities (Full job description available on request):
- Develop, implement, and monitor comprehensive EHS programs to ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations and company standards and values.
- Support site supervisors with incident investigations, identify root causes, and implement improvement/action plans to prevent similar incidents from occurring. Where necessary, lead investigation process and/or collaborate with appropriate corporate staff on serious incidents.
- Identify site EHS training needs, develop appropriate resources, and execute training sessions for employees and management as required.
- Lead the site ESG team and develop a carbon neutral multi-year roadmap for the site.
- Manage the operation of the site waste, ensuring compliance with all license and permit requirements.
- Lead application for site’s Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC) license.
- Ensure that Occupational Monitoring programs (e.g. chemicals, noise, dust, VDU assessments, ergonomic assessments, etc.) are defined and completed.
- Develops working relationships with local regulatory agencies and serves as the site contact for all regulatory agencies’ inspections and enquiries, e.g. HAS, EPA, Irish Water, Sligo County Council.
- Bachelor’s Degree (EHS related, Engineering).
- EHS or engineering professional certification is preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry (GMP environment), in an EHS role.
- Working experience in implementing EHS regulations, conducting incident investigations, interacting with regulatory agencies and external organizations and managing cross functional teams.
- Specific experience in hazardous waste management or other professional EHS training or certifications a plus.
- Experience in Integrated Pollution Prevention & Control (IPPC) or Industrial Emissions (IE) Licensing, GMM (Genetically Modified Microorganism) Consent and/or Emissions Trading required.
- Experience in Biosafety and Biosecurity Programs and controls.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Sarah Flynn