Our client is looking to expand by bringing on board an Environmental and Health & Safety specialist. This opportunity would suit someone with experience performing compliance audits, with 3-5 years post qualification experience and a strong awareness of Irish Laws and regulations to assure compliance.
Key Responsibilities: (Full job spec available upon request)
- Interpret legislation, standards, and other technical and legal documents and translate/implement them into compliant policies, procedures, and practices across the business.
- Provide technical support during any compliance audits, assure actions assigned are responded to in a timely fashion.
- Support functional managers and supervisors in planning and implementing site Environmental & Health & Safety.
- Coordination and management of the sites’ emergency planning; including responding to site chemical, environmental, and/or safety emergencies. This includes being a site emergency coordinator.
- Work closely with the Facilities group to ensure EHS change implementation initiatives.
- An undergraduate degree in a technical discipline or an undergraduate degree with the necessary work experience and proven track record to fully grasp the technical nature of Cork’s products and their potential applications. Typically BSc/BEng in Engineering, Environmental, Electronics, Chemical, H&S or related degree with 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, organizational ability, facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Experience developing concise procedures, processes, and other documents as a structured management system.
- Experience performing compliance audits and the ability to prioritize findings.
- Familiarization with US and EU regulations.
For more information or even a confidential discussion please contact Jason O'Flaherty.