To support the Ireland & Northern Ireland Regional EHS Director to deliver both UK & Ireland EHS requirements at local level through proactive support provided to business units within the operational region. A very strong emphasis on customer service, agility and responsiveness to the businesses need in the region and active collaboration with the Regional EHS Director to allow for;
- Provision of EHS guidance and support for all sites, management & staff within the region
- Assistance & advice to all businesses within the region to improve Environment, Health and Safety standards in order to ensure compliance with the country regulatory framework and company policy.
- Promotion of best practice to engender a proactive approach to EHS culture development and achievement of world-class EHS standards
- Active involvement with the overall UK & Ireland Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) team to ensure that professional value adding services are delivered to our customers in an effective and timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Relevant qualification in H&S, Environment
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience of and able to work in a team environment, under own initiative and with minimal supervision
- Good communication and presentation skills, excellent relationship building and influencing skills
- Team enhancer with a demonstrated passion, enthusiasm and genuine commitment to workplace EHS.
- Experience and competencies in hazard identification, and risk management.
- Experienced in the development and delivery of the company’s EHS Frame of reference.
Key Results Areas
The post holder will:
- Ensure that all sites under the company remit are working towards high standards of EHS performance that any business can achieve
- Willingness to travel at short notice in response to business need to provide excellent customer service (in the event of an emergency, accident or support required)
- Have a personal approach that embraces the company attitudes in order to support delivery of outcomes in a manner aligned to the company’s Principles of Conduct & Action
- Be able to provide challenge and guidance to businesses within the region to continually promote the EHS agenda and related performance towards world-class EHS
- Be able to provide an analysis, critique and reports on the region EHS key indicators of performance
- To support Regional EHS Director in achieving UK & Ireland EHS objectives and ensuring EHS improvement across all Sites
- To represent the region as needed internally and externally, promoting views and advocating on issues as needed for influence and impact
- Liaise effectively with business and customer/supply chain key stakeholders to deliver best in class business support for EHS needs
The role demands energy, drive, mobility and a determination to succeed and continually improve standards: communication, presentation and influencing skills of the highest order; and a vision for promoting the value of EHS in pursuit of our CSR ambition
For more information or a confidential discussion on the role, please contact David Lennon