- Reference: CJ45738
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Purpose of Role:
To advise, support, implement and audit project safety, machinery safety and facility projects in line with the corporate policy to ensure the safe design, installation and operation of plant and equipment. To promote management systems, business continuity, regulatory compliance, community, company image/reputation and performance within assigned area, promoting alignment of site with global strategies and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to ensure that Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S) requirements for various projects are designed, built, installed and tested to current regulatory and corporate standards. The role will include travel to perform design review and Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) protocols as part of the project team. The successful candidate will be required to:
- Provide reports on the status of project milestones and adjusts project schedules accordingly.
- Assist with projects for new equipment installation and renovation of manufacturing equipment, and process equipment.
- Assist with the preparation of User Requirement Specifications, Functional Requirements Specifications, Design Specifications, IQ protocols, OQ protocols, PQ protocols, Commissioning plans, Layout drawings, Mechanical drawings, Electrical drawings and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s).
- Assist with the execution of approved IQ, OQ and PQ qualification protocols with project teams. Assists with the summary and analysis of IQ, OQ, PQ and Commissioning data including testing and monitoring results for the preparation of summary reports.
- Support maintaining conformance with engineering standards for given projects.
- Support the evaluation of new equipment to ensure best fit, safety requirements between user requirements and technology.
- Support maintaining project conformance with plant EHS&S initiatives including industrial hygiene, safety, security and environmental programs leading towards a safe and accident-free environment.
- Participate in facility inspections and audits to detect existing or potential GMP and EHS issues.
- Make recommendations to improve the Engineering procedures related to equipment acquisition and plant utilities.
- Support all aspects of process change control (evaluation, approval, communication, planning, scheduling, qualification, project documentation, auditing, training and implementation).
- Assist with FAT teams executing risk assessments, vendor document review and draft reports and correspondence as required.
- Participate in the development of safe systems of work and equipment pre-checks for end users.
- Supporting SAT validation
- Minimum of 3rd Level Diploma in EHS is required.
- Electrical engineering diploma or trade qualification is required.
- Certified Machinery Safety Expert qualification desired.
- Must be computer literate.
- Member of IOSH
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!