- Reference: CJ47302
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Munster, Waterford
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Health and Safety:
- Actively promote a culture of Safety and Environmental awareness, excellence and continuous improvement.
- Maintain a positive atmosphere with respect to Safety and the Environment within the organization.
Safety and the Environment
- In conjunction with EHS Specialist, maintain and continuously improve site procedures and processes in alignment with site growth including, Hazard Reporting, Risk Assessment, Permit to Work and H&S Training Program
- Compile safety metrics monthly/quarterly basis.
- Ensure compliance with site documentation including Policies, SOPs and Safety Statement.
- Ensure safety compliance concerns are escalated immediately.
- Maintain EHS objectives and targets annually.
- Ensure that Legislative requirements are reflected in site procedures and processes at all times.
- Carry out internal audits of safety systems onsite.
- Coordination of site emergency response processes.
- Maintain OHSAS 18001 standard and support the attainment and maintenance of future standards.
- Carry out H&S Induction training to new employees as required.
- Serve as a representative at H&S related site and tier meetings
- In conjunction with HR & EHS Specialist, develop programmes for promoting health and well-being both mentally and physically.
- 3rd level qualification in Health & Safety and/or Environmental Science or a related discipline.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working in H&S role in a similar environment desirable.
- Experience in leading and carrying out Risk Assessments.
- Experience in Pharma and/or Process Safety an advantage.
- Good organisational skills
- Group Facilitation and motivation
- Investigations and Problem-solving techniques
- Continuous improvement approaches. Lean processes
- Excellent Communication Skills, Team Player, Influencing, Attention to detail, Compliance.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emer O’ Callaghan on 021 4911061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!