Do you have excellent attention to detail, documentation, and data analysis skills along with a good understanding of EH&S legislation, regulations & guidelines? Are you looking to join a fast-paced and growing organisation? My client is looking for an EHS Officer to join their expanding team in Cork.
Contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The EH&S Officer is responsible for the maintenance and continuous improvement of the company’s Environmental, Health and Safety system to ensure compliance with legislative, corporate and external certification system requirements.
- Maintenance of environmental discharge licence and preparation of reports for submission to licencing authority.
- Ensure monitoring and sampling is carried out in accordance with licence & site requirements.
- Management of site waste including maintenance of waste records and waste contractor permits.
- Provide guidance to plant personnel regarding environmental tasks and responsibilities and carry out training as required.
- Ensure calibration and maintenance of environmental equipment is carried out as required.
- Maintain and review environmental legislation register. Research, plan and incorporate new requirements.
- Monitor on-site chemical usage for regulatory compliance and customer restricted substance specifications.
- Review and update environmental procedures and records to ensure compliance with environmental discharge licence and ISO 14001 requirements.
- Carry out internal environmental audits & ensure identified corrective/preventative actions are completed.
- Monitor performance of environmental abatement equipment and work with Maintenance personnel to ensure compliance with environmental requirements.
- Research and develop miscellaneous projects for continuous improvement of plant environmental performance.
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained to a high standard through monitoring and providing leadership and guidance to plant personnel.
Health & Safety Duties
- Maintain and review health and safety legislation register. Research, plan and incorporate new requirements
- Review and update health and safety procedures and records to ensure compliance with legislation and associated guidance documents.
- Review and update plant safety statement as required.
- Review and maintain MSD sheets and register for all relevant site materials & incorporate requirements appropriately to ensure compliance with handling, storage, and PPE specifications.
- Review and maintain compliance system for REACH requirements.
- Carry out risk assessments for plant operations and ensure appropriate PPE is provided where required.
- Provide training for plant personnel on miscellaneous health and safety issues.
- Ensure procedures and systems for emergency response, fire drills and first aid are kept up to date and reviewed regularly.
- Carry out internal health and safety audits & ensure identified corrective/preventative actions are completed.
- Monitor adherence to health and safety procedures. Report non-conformances for action and assist in the investigation and resolution of incidents and non-compliances.
- Research and develop miscellaneous projects and equipment for continuous improvement of plant health and safety performance.
Qualification & Experience
- Degree level in EH&S or science discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in an EH&S role in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in both ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 would be a distinct advantage
- Self-motivated with good organisational, planning, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work with others in order to achieve responsibilities.
- Full understanding of EH&S requirements, SOPs and plant policies.
- Good PC and report writing skills
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email email@example.com