Based with a well established manufacturing company in Co. Offaly, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and administering facility Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) programs in accordance with regulatory requirements and corporate policies, standards, procedures, and objectives. Foster facility awareness, involvement, and accountability of EHS issues to assure full integration of EHS initiatives with business activities.
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, including wearing PPE as appropriate.
- Lead the development, implementation, and continual enhancement of the EHS Management System at the facility.
- Lead EHS planning at the facility, including the setting of goals, prioritizing facility needs, and establishing adequate systems for performance review and improvement.
- Conduct and/or coordinate EHS inspections and assessments to assure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide recommendations and ensure proper follow up and resolution of all concerns identified through assessments, inspections, monitoring activities, or other means.
- Provide training and information necessary to ensure responsible personnel is aware of corporate and governmental EHS regulations and requirements.
- Lead the facility in promoting and implementing a high-performance EHS culture.
- Lead the development, maintenance, implementation, and annual review of EHS policies, procedures, and responsibilities.
- Plan, develop, deliver, and coordinate effective EHS training to all facility employees, temporary workers, contractors, and visitors to promote a strong EHS culture.
- A Bachelor’s degree in EHS or engineering, or related field with a NEBOSH Diploma.
- Able to demonstrate suitable EHS experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills in handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously with high attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Drives a high performing culture and Continuous Improvement.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eoghan Dalton.