- Develop, maintain and manage site environmental programmes
- Participate in the development, maintenance and review of the site environmental programs to ensure that they meet legislative, corporate and industry requirements
- Maintain the company’s County Council Licence.
- Participate in the development of the company’s Environmental Management System.
- Perform regular environmental audits within the plant.
- Liaise with the site engineering to ensure the requirements of the site EMS and County Council Licence are implemented within buildings.
- Report on environmental performance within the various areas using approved KPI’s
- Ensure that a program and procedures are in place to effectively manage all waste streams according to legislative guidelines and industry best practice.
- Participate in the development of the site HSE policy
- Develop, maintain and manage site safety programmes
- Develop, maintain and review safety programmes to ensure that they meet legislative, corporate and industry requirements.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day good application of maintenance of company safety systems
- Ensure that adequate evacuation and response arrangements are in place for fire/emergency situations.
- Develop and maintain suitable programs for the carrying out of HAZOP, Operational Readiness Reviews, etc.
- Perform regular safety self-assessment audits within the facility
- Coordinate safety committees and safety activities within the plant
- Initiate accident/incident investigations and follow up on action items
- Report on safety performance within the various areas using approved KPI’s
- Follow and manage safety KPI’s
- Develop, maintain and manage site health programmes
- Develop, maintain and review health programs to ensure that they meet legislative, corporate and industry requirements
- Maintain and further develop industrial the hygiene programme ensuring compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of company health systems
- Establish and implement an effective environmental, health and safety programme to meet legislative and corporate requirements.
- Actively participate in global HSE network and projects, eg. crisis management, accident prevention & Reach.
Education & Experience:
- Degree in relevant discipline
- 3-6 years’ experience as an EHS advisor or Manager in a large (or related industry) plant
- Experience with responsibility for health, safety & environmental & familiarity with applicable regulations
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance procedures & publications, interpret relevant legislation on behalf of the organisation.
- Excellent communication, presentation & training skills
- EHS auditing experience
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!