The EHS Manager will have the responsibility to develop and administer facility EHS programs across the site. Foster facility awareness, involvement, and accountability of EHS issues to assure full integration of EHS initiatives with business activities.
EHS Manager responsibilities:
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, including wearing PPE as appropriate.Comply with all Health & Safety Policies and instructions and actively contribute to Company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work.
- Lead the development, implementation and continual enhancement of the Company EHS Management System at the facility.
- Lead EHS planning at the facility.
- Assist department managers, supervisors and employees with the implementation of creative approaches to improve safety, minimize environmental footprint and liability, and implement EHS initiatives.
- Conduct and/or coordinate EHS inspections and assessments.
- Provide progress reports, as appropriate, to corporate and facility management and facility employees relative to EHS goals, metrics and other performance indicators.
- Prepare and submit timely reports and responses to informational requests.
- Provide recommendations and ensure proper follow up and resolution of all concerns identified through assessments, inspections, monitoring activities or other means.
- Evaluate new materials and material use to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, promote a safe work environment and protect the environment.
- Work with engineering in the design and installation of new or altered equipment or processes with the goal of eliminating or reducing safety hazards and environmental impact
- Provide training and information necessary to ensure responsible personnel are aware of corporate and governmental EHS regulations and requirements.
- Lead the facility in promoting and implementing a high-performance EHS culture.
- Lead the development, maintenance, implementation, and annual review of EHS policies, procedures and responsibilities, and develop/direct activities that will stimulate and maintain employee interest as well as improve EHS performance.
- Perform and/or coordinate monitoring activities necessary to ensure compliance with EHS regulations and initiatives,
- Manage the facility incident investigation process to ensure incidents are reported in a timely manner, root causes are identified experience and corrective actions are tracked through closure.
- Plan, develop, deliver, and coordinate effective EHS training to all facility employees, temporary workers, contractors, and visitors to promote a strong EHS culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Will include participating in special projects as identified.
EHS Manager requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in EHS or engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years Manufacturing experience
- Able to demonstrate suitable EHS experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft software.