EHS Manager – Mayo – Medical Devices
Provides leadership across the organisation to drive world class EH&S and sustainability performance improvement through guiding and coaching the site leadership and all employees to integrate EHS considerations into all aspects of site strategies, processes and decisions
- Oversees the development, planning, and implementation of local environmental, health and safety policies; develops procedures (chemical safety, ergonomics, illness and injury prevention, and building safety) used throughout the site. Develops and enhances annual EHS Plans for the site.
- Responsible for leading the development and implementation of site-wide Safety Strategy relating to Occupational Health & Safety Management, to ensure regulatory compliance and commitment to reducing accidents and injuries.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and sustaining of site-wide ISO 14001 Environmental Management System to ensure regulatory compliance and commitment to reducing negative environmental impacts.
- Ensures a proactive approach toward key EHS processes including but not limited to conducting risk assessments, incident investigations, and providing EHS training.
- Provides leadership across the organization to foster EH&S integration improvement
- Report and analyze EHS statistics in order to prepare and submit required EHS reporting to Global EHS, the site management team and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with EHS procedures, local government/corporate regulations, policies, programs, and industry standards. Oversee site EHS audits and participate as a member of a global EHS audit team as requested.
- Interfaces with environmental and other regulatory agencies on EH&S matters
- Submit reports to EPA and Health and Safety authorities as dictated by sites IPPC license
- Ensures appropriate corrective action is taken where health and safety hazards exist.
- Educate and lead management, supervisors and employees to meet EHS regulations and requirements while emphasizing the reduction of injuries and pollution prevention.
- Develops and oversees company training programs for associates in areas such as EHS compliance training, lab/plant inspection, hazardous material handling, emergency response, industrial hygiene, and life safety.
- Develop, implement and sustain EHS programs.
- Support Global EHS function, by providing technical and organizational guidance; Participate in Global Operations Safety Council to contribute to global policy and program development and implementation.
- Support client Production System (HPS) initiatives relating to continuous improvement, 5S, VPM, PSS, HPM etc
- Liaise with other departments to ensure Contractors adhere to Site EHS requirements
- Other duties as assigned by site leadership and Global EHS
Work Experience Requirements:
- Number of Overall Years Necessary 10+: 8-12
- At least 10 years technical expertise in Environment, Health and Safety.
- Experience in developing, sustaining and continual improvement of EH&S programs.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence peers and management.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, planning, execution and analytical skills are required.
- Strong knowledge of auditing concepts and practices.
- Experience leading others desired.
- Degree in Occupational health and safety, environment or science related subject
- LEAN or Manufacturing Excellence qualification, professional certification in EHS discipline desired.
- More detailed description available upon request
- Competitive remuneration package on offer with a good work life balance
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Davin Ferguson.