Are you looking to join a growing, dynamic, fast-paced organisation?
The EHS Lead will manage and develop all EHS activities on site. They will lead the EHS team to develop and implement site EHS programmes.
- Generation of an EHS culture onsite, fostering the principles of participation, compliance and continuous improvement.
- Leadership in the development and implementation of proactive EHS management systems which facilitate compliance, are cost-effective, protect the employee’s health and safety and manage our impact on the environment.
- Leadership in the development of long-range plans to address current and future EHS issues facing the site and the divisions and development of management communications on these topics.
- Participation in the negotiation of compliance issues with regulatory agencies as necessary and track any response to citations/violations should they occur.
- Provision of a technical/regulatory resource in the areas of EHS and the interpretation of analytical data to determine EHS control measures, etc.
- Project management relating to EHS investigations.
- Manage EHS program for continuous improvement, facilitating the involvement of all employees.
- Manage site EHS training process and programs to ensure effectiveness and compliance of EHS education.
- Support plant processes related to EHS to ensure consistency and continuous improvement.
- Develops direct reports by securing appropriate training, assigning progressively challenging tasks, applying progressive disciplinary action as appropriate and conducting formal written and verbal performance reviews.
- Maximize standardization/efficiencies and to communicate/represent the site at these levels.
- Implements a staffing plan by identifying resource requirements, writing justifications for additional personnel, obtaining approval for changes, and coordinating the selection process with Human Resources.
- Monitors daily work operations and provide direction and guidance to, experienced exempt employees, or skilled nonexempt staff to achieve unit or project goals.
- Interacts with internal and external customers, by meeting regularly, responding to requests and explaining procedures
- Contributes to the development and monitoring of area budgets through regular analysis of cost and spending. Translates department goals into individual objectives and KRAs (key result areas).
- Identifies, develops and implements processes to improve department performance.
- NFQ (National Framework of Qualifications) level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline. 6+ years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Monitors progress of exempt individuals, teams, supervisors or nonexempt technical individuals toward departmental goals; monitors costs of projects and of human and material resources within a department or unit; monitors the external environment in the area of technical or professional responsibility.
- Will perform this job in a quality system environment.
- Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane on 021-4320675 or email email@example.com