- Reference: GJ46587 b
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Galway, Mayo, Sligo
- Category: Health & safety
EHS Engineer required on a fixed term contract basis with a minimum of 5 years in a pharmaceutical or medical device environment. Mayo
- Actively engage with employees within the Business Unit (BU) to create an inclusive / ownership culture for Safety.
- Maintain EHS KPIs ensuring they are continuously up to date. Attend and chair safety meetings with key stakeholders to drive positive action and performance, ensuring appropriate timely action on KPIs showing a declining trend.
- Attend and support safety forums, provide direction for forums to ensure focus on key safety topics, provide safety information as relevant, and influence management and employees to ensure active engagement.
- Lead EHS Risk Assessment program in BU and ensure all elements of facility, equipment, tasks, ergonomics and chemicals are appropriately risk assessed.
- Support accident/incident investigation to ensure appropriate root cause analysis completed and CAPAs implemented.
- Support the Supervisors/Managers where breaches of EHS policy is encountered.
- Degree qualification in Health & Safety or Degree in Science / Engineering with minimum diploma qualification in health & safety.
- Minimum 5 years EHS experience in a pharmaceutical or medical device environment.
- Experience in influencing others, including influencing upwards, to drive safety improvements.
- Experience in engaging employees to continuously improve safety culture.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Irish health and safety regulations and industry best practices.
- Excellent team-work, interpersonal, communication, organisation and decision-making skills.
- For a confidential discussion and a more detailed job spec (more information on the role), please contact Noeleen Stewart on 091-706712 or email
- For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website
The attractiveness of the Midwest as a region to set up a world class manufacturing operation and source top talent across a range of roles was further endorsed this week with the announcement from Edwards Lifesciences to set up a European manufacturing site in Shannon with the creation of 60 jobs initially and further ramping […]read whole article
Question: I am responsible for managing two junior staff members at an advertising firm. They work on projects together but have their own specific tasks to carry out. When it comes to presenting their work to myself and my superiors, one of the members has a habit of hogging the limelight and claiming credit for […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more