Our client, a leading biopharmaceutical company, is keen to hire an EHS Engineer to join their team in Sligo on an initial 9-month contract. Reporting to the EHS Leader, the EHS Engineer will provide the resources necessary to ensure the effective management of EHS&E on-site.
Major Responsibilities (Full job description available on request):
- Preparation and submission of regulatory reports for the EPA, HSA etc.
- Auditing to ensure compliance with the IPPC license, safety standards, and corporate management and technical standards.
- Risk Assessments of the facilities’ operations.
- Development of site safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ongoing development of the site’s EHS training programme.
- Assessing EHS impacts of new processes and products at the facility.
- May need to provide cross-training and guidance to new department members.
- May supervise and lead projects and develop training.
- Degree in Environmental Science and Technology or/ Degree or Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or other appropriate 3rd level qualifications.
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in a similar role is essential.
- Requires proven problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates an ethos Right First Time at all times.
- Support and continuously evaluate systems within the plant to ensure compliance with local national and EU legislation and HSA compliance and other external regulations.
- Responsible for presenting and taking ownership of own area during regulatory inspections corporate audits and external interaction with the HAS and other external bodies.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Sarah Flynn.