We have a very exciting opportunity with one of the leading Pharma organizations in Cork who are looking for an EHS Engineer to join their team on a 2- year fixed term contract. As an EHS Engineer,you will oversee the site Process Safety Program, lead, support ,and promote continuous improvement.
The selection process will take place promptly so if you would like more details please feel free to get in touch and we can discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Support, develop, maintain, and review safety programs to ensure that they meet legislative, corporate and industry requirements.
- Proposing, developing and implementing improvements and modifications from a safety perspective to Production, Warehousing and Laboratory, procedures and equipment.
- Supports internal audits, management reviews and external regulatory audits
- Initiate and conduct cross functional accident/incident investigations.
- Review and update EHS documentation.
- Carry out EHS Inductions for new hires.
- Provide support to ensure the company’s accreditation to ISO 45001
- Builds relationships with key departments to foster support for EHS programs.
- Performs EHS hazard assessments including industrial hygiene monitoring and makes recommendations to control hazards.
What the ideal EHS Engineer looks like:
- BSc Occupational Health and Safety Management.
- Process safety qualification essential.
- 5+ years’ EHS experience essential within a manufacturing facility (preferably pharmaceutical or other highly regulated industry).
- An excellent understanding of process safety and plant operations.
- Strong ability to lead, challenge and positively influence in an interactive team environment.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Alicja Burchardt.