EHS Coordinator required for a multinational medical device organisation in the Tipperary region. The EHS Coordinator will be responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring policies and procedures to ensure that the company meets and complies with all regulations pertaining to EHS. As part of your role, you will be training employees in hazardous materials handling, emergency response, industrial hygiene, safety, etc.
Overview of Main Responsibilities: (full job spec on request)
- Enforce and interpret company policies and procedures related to EHS by inspecting plant facilities to identify potential hazards.
- Develop company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local EHS laws.
- Direct all aspects of chemical handling and hazardous waste management.
- Maintain operating efficiency by assessing efficiency and cost-effectiveness, determining the most suitable method for handling specific types of waste, and ensuring that operating practices are in full compliance with regulations.
- Evaluate and document work-related injuries according to worker's compensation laws.
- Correspond with appropriate agencies to conduct site investigations, report actions taken by the company to correct discrepancies, submit all required applications, forms, licenses, and permits, and remain in compliance with regulations.
- Provide and maintains documentation for training and certification (where applicable) in safety regulations, procedures.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Level 7 qualification in a relevant H&S discipline or equivalent.
- 2+ years of related experience, preferably in a GMP environment.
What you will get in return:
- Competitive salary (depending on experience).
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane.