Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for an EHS Associate Manager with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a permanent position.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing multinational in the Mid-West region. This person will lead the EHS Function
- Ensure regulatory compliance with the EHS procedures, local government/corporate regulations, policies, programs, and industry standards while interfacing with environmental agencies. Develop, implement and sustain EHS programs. Educate and lead supervisors/employees to meet EHS regulations and requirements while emphasizing the reduction of injuries and pollution prevention.
- Lead EHS regulatory inspections, evaluate and provide follow up with the implementation of the corrective and preventive actions
- Responsible for the development, implementation and sustainment of site-wide ISO 14001 Environmental Management System to ensure regulatory compliance and commitment to reducing pollution.
- Report and analyze EHS statistics in order to prepare and submit required EHS reporting to Corporate EHS, the site management team and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Responsible for leading the development and implementation of the site-wide ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety Management System, to ensure regulatory compliance and commitment to reducing accidents and injuries.
- Other incidental duties: Keep management current on EHS regulations and other aspects that can impact the plant
Required Education & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, 8 years of relevant EHS experience
- Experience working in a regulatory industry Preferred
- Proven successful project management leadership skills
- Proven expertise in both Microsoft Office Suite and related systems
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making
- Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with the ability to drive achievement of objectives
- Extensive understanding of related industrial safety and environmental regulations (e.g., Air, water, waste, energy)
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 EHS Management System Standards
- Extensive understanding of EW EHS procedures while addressing issues with impact beyond own team based on knowledge of related disciplines
- Knowledge of financial mechanism that relates to EHS (e.g., budgeting)
- Demonstrated skillset to manage an assigned team and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
- Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of EHS to the business
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
- Ability to work and excel within a fast-paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
- Primarily interacts with internal subordinates and other supervisors
- Typically interacts with external suppliers, vendors and/or customers
- Share information and provides basic problem-solving solutions; gains cooperation of others conducts presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules
- Develop peer, cross-functional and cross-business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
- Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael O’Leary.