- Reference: CJ45999
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
- Contributes to developing EHS programmes to make EHS an integral part of site operations.
- Maintains the site compliance matrix up to date and ensures the monthly self-assessments are completed effectively.
- Participates in and prepares for EHS inspections by external agencies, and all system audits.
- Maintains the site risk assessment process and ensures assessments are completed as scheduled.
- Participates in Risk Assessments and Job Safety Analysis and ensures assessments are properly managed, recorded and communicated.
- Ensures the site Safety Culture Programme (ROB) is fully implemented and ensures weekly reviews are carried out as required.
- Maintains the site EH&S Corrective action and EH&S Improvement systems up to date and ensures all required actions are closed on time and effectively.
- Investigates, prepares, communicates and manages reports on injuries, ill-health, and corrective actions as required.
- Contributes to the development the site’s Safety Statement and hazard control programmes and participates in their implementation.
- Works with Supervisors, Trainers and Technicians to identify and control significant environmental, health and safety impacts of operations.
- Maintains the site EH&S Metrics and reports them daily, weekly and monthly as required.
- Takes a central role in working with internal EH&S teams and training efforts.
- Ensures that all required records are accurately prepared and maintained.
- Supports and contributes to the site’s life safety programmes to include emergency response.
- Understands and proactively follows through on the Environmental Management Procedures that have been identified as relevant to position.
- Approximately 2+ years EH&S experience ideally within a manufacturing environment.
- Level 8 in Environmental Science / Safety and / or a Diploma in Health and Safety.
- Excellent knowledge of EHS legislative requirements, EHS Management Systems and Risk Assessment Techniques.
- A knowledge of Ergonomics/Occupational Hygiene would be desirable.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills are essential.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!