Our client based here in Galway are looking for an EH&S Manager. This is an exciting opportunity in a major multinational. This is a permeant role.
The successful candidate will provide leadership in driving continuous improvement in Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) performance and will manage the EHS Team while reporting directly to the Campus Leader. Provide technical expertise across all functions to ensure a compliant and safe workplace for all employees, visitors, and contractors.
- Lead the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Team providing technical expertise and achieving objectives.
- Build relationships across the campus to ensure compliance and promote a proactive environment, and health & safety culture.
- Preparation of EHS reports/metrics for both internal campus, global and external stakeholders. Communicate EHS performance.
- Lead EHS projects on-site as required and support cross-functional teams.
- Ensure EHS programmes comply with applicable government regulations, TE Connectivity technical standards and best practices. Promote EHS compliance through detailed EHS programmes, training, and auditing.
- Coordinate and drive continuous improvement across environment and safety programmes. Examples: Internal TE SMS (S.A.F.E), Hazard Management, Unsafe Act/ Conditions, Behaviour Based Safety (BBS), Ergonomics, Chemical Management (REACH, CLP), Energy Reduction, Ergonomics, Machine Safety etc.
- Maintain site permits, licences, and certificates. Prepare for Integrated Pollution Control (IPC) licencing requirements.
- Provide governance and guidance for the control of hazardous materials and waste.
- Manage the EHS accident and incident programme in accordance with HSA, OSHA and corporate requirements.
- Develop and manage the EHS budget.
- Represent the company at audits and site visits by the HSA, EPA and customers.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for applicable liability insurance claims.
- Level 8 degree in EHS or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar position within manufacturing, preferably in the medical device industry or other similar regulated manufacturing industry.
- Thorough knowledge of Irish Environment, Health and Safety legislation and experience in environment management systems - must have.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills and verbal/written communication skills.
- Previous experience in managing a team.
- Computer skills, including proficiency in using common word processing software, excel, database applications, presentation software, and email.
For more information on this role and a confidential discussion please contact Michelle Mc Inerney on
091 706 717 or email email@example.com