Ecology Sector Lead
Due to the continued growth of the company, MWP is looking for an Ecology Lead to join their expanding team. This is a fantastic opportunity whereby you will lead a team of 12 ecologists/ornithologists/aquatic ecologists with a number of full-time field bird surveyors. This role allows for flexible working arrangements.
Overview of Main Responsibilities:
- Experience in working with large teams in a range of diverse projects, preferably in the consultancy sector.
- Project Management of ecological projects in diverse range of sectors
- Interaction with project managers in other sectors or disciplines within the company and the ability to identify, manage and deal with project risk and develop solutions where required
- Preparing Tender Submission Proposals
- Client management and business development
- Managing, guiding, and mentoring of junior team members
- Consultation with regulators and statutory bodies
- Experience in preparation of appeal submissions, Oral Hearings and JR proceedings
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Experience of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA) and Appropriate Assessment (AA)
Skills / Qualifications Required:
- Degree in Ecology or Science equivalent. MSc preferable
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in a senior ecology management role.
- Membership of a professional body desired, CIEEM or other appropriate body
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Strong technical report writing skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Full driver’s licence
- Competitive salary
- CPD Programme with support and mentoring
- Health insurance plan
- Company Pension Scheme
- Active Sports and Social Club
- Protection of life and long term illness cover
- 22 days annual leave
- Paid professional membership fee
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane.