Drug Product Engineering Lead required for an award-winning pharmaceutical organisation in Cork. Our client is a leader in discovering and delivering innovative medicines solving serious health issues worldwide and addressing medical challenges of the future. They are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and are passionate about bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative health solutions. Are you ready to join a high-performing, ambitious team and be part of an inclusive work environment? This may be the career for you…..Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Drug Product Engineering Lead will provide manufacturing engineering service to the plant, in order to maximize the availability of manufacturing equipment while developing and leading your team to continual operational improvements and employee development.
Overview of Main Responsibilities:
- With your team, you will have overall responsibility for the maintenance of manufacturing equipment as part of a Maintenance Excellence Program to ensure:
- The performance of day-to-day preventative, predictive, and demand maintenance activity to maintain manufacturing and utility equipment.
- Calibration schedule for equipment and facility instrumentation.
- Ongoing equipment improvements/upgrades as part of Continuous improvement and Obsolescence initiatives.
- Training and cross-training of technicians.
- Undertake specific investigations, and equipment monitoring, with the view to improve manufacturing performance e.g., reducing plant downtime and maximizing Plant output and yield.
- Liaise with the Operations Department to ensure equipment performance is maximized.
- Maintain records and documentation on relevant Engineering Procedures and preventative/ demand maintenance.
- Establish with the Engineering Manager the department goals, schedules, and timetables for activities.
- Work with the EHS, Projects and FUE (Facility, Utility & Energy) Leads to create synergies and deliver exceptional performance.
- Operate within departmental and project budget requirements, highlighting budget and resource requirements.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical discipline.
- You will have 2 years + years’ experience in a leadership role such as Engineering/Maintenance Supervisor or Project Manager.
- 5 years + experience working within a maintenance team in a pharma environment.
What you will get in return:
- Competitive salary (depending on experience).
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane.