Collins McNicholas have partnered exclusively with a leading US Information and Communications Technology company who are going through an exciting phase of growth in Ireland.
As part of this growth, we are looking to hire Drafting Technicians to join their team to transform field notes, whether electronic or hand drawn, provided by the Engineers and Engineering Technicians into electronic documents capable of being uploaded into client specific systems.
- Performing technical drafting and engineering design support for specific projects
- Will be required to develop an understanding of proprietary design software through hands-on training
- Work with Engineers and Survey Technicians to ensure accurate information is presented on plan sets and when needed, assist them in the field
- Follow very specific and detailed procedures already implemented and, at times, be required to adjust and adapt to changing standards and procedures
- Communicate effectively to direct and upper management and can speak to progress of a project at any given time.
- Develop drawings for new and existing projects
- 1-2 years of experience with Autodesk AutoCAD software a plus
- Ability to read and understand architectural/engineering drawings
- Ability to manage, organise and layout drawing requirements
- Understanding architectural and construction detailing
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Excellent verbal, written, phone, and interpersonal skills
- Proven strong analytic/problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced high-volume work environment
- Dependable, flexibility to work weekends and holidays, as needed
- Work independently under minimal supervision