- Reference: 46484
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Longford, Offaly, Westmeath
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Director (VP) PMO – MIDLANDS
I have a fantastic career opportunity available to the Midlands Market. Our clients a high growth bio-technology organisation are seeking a (VP) Director of PMO (Program Management Office) to set up their Irish PMO function for their new facility in Ireland and join the global leadership team.
- Reporting to the Global Head of PMO, the Director/VP of Program Management Office (PMO) will be responsible for the establishment of the Irish facility PMO function , including strategy, standards, governance and execution for enterprise, cross-functional, cross-divisional programs, and functions within the company’s value chain.
- These key functions include firm infrastructure (IT, finance, legal and facilities), human capital, product development, technical operations, marketing & sales, and customer experience and service.
- This role will support the development of strategic direction and translate cross-divisional and integrated program strategies into an efficiently executable plan, as well as planning solutions to achieve successful operational execution.
- Responsiblity to drive teams to achieve clarity on issues and focus on effective contingencies and interface with management and influencing decision-making, monitoring program progress.
- Work closely together with executive management to ensure that the scientific and commercial strategy is integrated into an operational plan. This role may also lead key initiatives that have cross-functional or cross-divisional impact and that are critical to the objectives of the global business partners. This role will have direct people leadership responsibilities.
- With a ‘lead from the front’ mentality, the PMO will deliver operational results through the organisation’s development and transformation. The PMO will be comfortable working in in a high-growth environment and comfortable with taking a risk-based approach to scaling the company and prioritizing initiatives.
- S/he will leverage the team, stake-holders across the organization, and management expertise to decisively resolve obstacles, coordinate operational success, and enable the company’s rapid growth. In so doing, the our PMO will serve as the cornerstone of dynamic and innovative solutions which maximize business and product performance.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Prior experience establishing or working in an enterprise Program Management Office in a pharma or biotech company.
- Significant, successful change management experience on large cross-functional programs.
- Proven success leading large, cross-functional teams on complex strategic initiatives
- Thorough knowledge (minimum 12 years) of pharmaceutical industry and experience in Clinical Research, Regulatory, CMC, Marketing or other drug development related function.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and present key information objectively and collaborate effectively with management and the organization.
- Strong executive influence and relationship development skills.
Competencies required for the position, we would highlight following:
- Demonstrates a holistic view of business that delivers a compelling enterprise vision of how operations & process can contribute to growth and performance.
- A reputation for creating a nimble, innovative environment and having been a driving force in leveraging cross functional expertise for unique competitive advantage of an organization.
- A catalytic force aligning operations to strategic priorities of their organization.
- Translating the vision into actionable, quantitative plans. Setting clear and measurable performance objectives and monitoring progress rigorously, planning ahead, and linking action to business priorities.
- Proven record of delivering through in a significantly growing organization. Capable of executing short term (tactical) and long term (strategic) plans.
- Helps build and manage cross functional capabilities and design of a consistent delivery of services across multiple channels.
Building High Performing Teams
- Able to attract, retain and develop individuals with the appropriate skills and knowledge.
- Superb leadership record having created a positive, highly energized performance climate with clear points of accountability.
- An ability to manifest flexibility, adaptability, initiative and creativity.
- Known for valuing and supporting diversity.
Developing Relationships and Using Influence
- This person is first and foremost a business person with exceptional functional expertise across functions and a record of building high trust relationships with the business.
- Proven collaborative approach.
- Openly sharing information and receptive to the ideas of others.
- Builds relationships and creates synergies across the enterprise to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly articulate communicator who is able to convey important messages in a clear and compelling manner at all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record working with “C” suite executives and Boards.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a hi-growth bio-tech organisation during start up here in Ireland. If you are seeking a challenging & fast moving role and the opportunity to join a senior team who are highly motivatived / innovative and to get involved in the early stage operational growth, contact me.
Our clients will be hosting interviews in April 2018!
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Mary Mullin on 09064 78104 and email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!