We are exclusively partnering with a dynamic and progressive Galway start up who are hiring an R&D Director to join their team as they expand. It's an exciting time for the company and this hire will be an integral addition to their team. This role will be primarily based in Galway with an option to work one day hybrid.
Applicants are required to have a background in Electronics and while the company are medical devices, they are open to applicants from other industries.
The successful applicant will be responsible for directing and managing the multi-disciplinary team and providing guidance and support, particularly in areas of electronics/mechatronic and electronic design.
You will be:
- Leading team of engineers (internal and subcontracted) to deliver on technical milestones
- Guide electronics architecture and IC packaging
- Supporting identification and selection of necessary components
- Collaborating across multi-disciplinary teams
- Developing excellent communications processes, within the business and with wider stakeholders, “Voice of R&D”
- Work with Product Manager to ensure design efforts are in sync with user needs
- Engaging with collaborative partners across institutions
- Part of a growing and ambitious team
- Bachelor's degree in electronic engineering/mechatronic engineerin
- 15 years relevant industry experience (Consumer Electronics/Aerospace/MedTech
- Demonstrated technical project management skills
For a more detailed job specification or a confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.