We are currently partnering with a Galway based client who are looking to hire an experienced Director of Operations for their Managed Services division.
This is a senior appointment to join a dynamic and growing leadership team and will provide an exciting opportunity to contribute to the strategic achievements of the company. The successful candidate will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer and will work collaboratively with the wider leadership team and colleagues onsite.
As a responsible leader you will have an analytical and strategic mind which will enable you to gain a broad knowledge of the business. If you’re committed to excellence, productivity and business growth, they would like to meet you.
A day in the life:
- Drive the Department P&L and co-ordinate, consolidate and drive financial processes
- Hold overall accountability for the department’s commercial operations strategy and lead commercial operations.
- Identify, analyse and implement business development opportunities for the department.
- Strengthen existing relationships with key customers and continually identify new opportunities to better meet customer’s needs.
- Co-ordinate new service development and enhance operational processes for introduction of new service offerings into the Division.
- Facilitate actions to resolve conflicts in priorities and actions with team members.
- Coach, develop & assess the Divisions team and Team Leaders’ performance against set KPIs.
- Understanding of technical knowledge required to deliver laboratory solutions.
- Plan, analyse and interpret business information using quantitative and qualitative methods, for impact analysis and business readiness.
- Champion and promote the benefits of change management and be responsible for ensuring the adherence to change management processes.
- Educated to Business or Science degree level/higher or relevant/equivalent.
- 10 years relevant industry experience, 3-5 of which must be in senior commercial role (sales/ operational management) with successful track record of managing P&L.
- Outstanding leadership skills & strategic capability to operate at senior management level.
- Proven track record of successful leadership, management, and coaching teams (incl. multi-disciplinary and in-field teams) and individuals and driving high levels of performance management.
- Proven commercial acumen together with excellent negotiating and networking skills.
- Experience of B2B relationship management and ideally technical service or commercial expertise in the supply of outsourced teams and solutions
For a more detailed and confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.