Title: Director of Cash Centre Operations
Reports to: Managing Director
N.B. Need to have process-based background – six sigma – manufacturing
Reporting to the Managing Director, this is a senior management role. The main purpose of this role is to continue the drive of the cash centre (Coin Warehouse and Cash Processing) towards best-in-class cash processing. Strategies to this end include identifying and introducing improved working practices to improve productivity, achieving budgetary obligations and the development of the Westgate cash centre management team.
- Contribute to the development of the cash centre through process improvement and lean management
- Work closely with the Cash Centre Business support function to introduce new working practices and to develop a continuous improvement culture.
- Analyse training needs for all staff and ensure staff development for succession planning. Coaches staff where appropriate.
- Ensure the avoidance of cash losses for both customers and the business
- Meet and exceed customer service level agreement expectations
- Work with Sales and Operational colleagues to supporting local customer engagement and contract retention.
- Deliver improving financial performance for the operation, ensuring the Centre meets budget commitments.
- Sets and agrees clear objectives with staff, regularly monitoring their performance and taking action to correct shortfalls.
- Assist Cash Centre managers to plan for current and future demands, ensuring capacity plans are aligned with production planning and volume fluctuations.
- Prepare annual budgets and report on monthly financial position to the management team
- Ensure full compliance of all security procedures within the Centre
- Ensure full procedural and Health & Safety compliance
- Deals with disciplinary matters, including dismissals, appeals and grievances in line with Company policy.
- Attend and contribute to senior management meetings and board meetings.
- Lead with Projects and initiatives contributing to the Cash Centre efficiency and effectiveness
Skills & abilities
- Proven track record in managing a busy operation
- Ability to manage and motivate staff
- Demonstrates a facilitative leadership style able to broker internal and external relationships to ensure effective business solutions and resolve conflict where necessary
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective IT skills
- Shows the ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, and work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities
- Demonstrates financial management and budgeting skills
Qualifications & experience
- Must be coming from high-value products industry. Someone from banking or pharma background would be excellent.
- Educated to Degree level in Business or marketing
- 10 years plus experience in service sector
- Robust experience in managing and motivating staff
Character & personal qualities
- Driven and ambitious – determination to succeed
- Progressive and creative
- Valuing customers: Ensures that team consistently delivers quantifiably excellent customer service.
- Working as part of a team: Builds and maintains performance by coaching, mentoring, developing and managing effectively
Interested? Give Blaithin O’Shea a call on 01 66 200 88 or email firstname.lastname@example.org