Director of Operations
My client has an opening for a Director of Operations. Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Operations has overall responsibility for delivering the highest standard of support and technical solutions. The successful applicant will join a team of Operations and Development staff located in a state of the art office in Waterford.
For this role, we are looking for an energetic, innovative and inspiring leader who will take responsibility for leading and managing a team of ten staff who provide 24×7 support to production software and hardware environments across the customer base. The position will involve travel to customer sites in the US. If you like being exposed to leading technologies and enjoy being part of a dynamic team, then this is the right position for you.
- Provide leadership, direction and challenge to create a culture of high performance and efficiency, continual improvement, innovation and customer focus.
- Establish effective working relationships with key partners in all business areas.
- Create, lead, mentor and coach a high performing team of IT professionals.
- Provide technical direction to engineers, project management on key Operations projects as well as resource management to ensure any issues impacting software applications or environments are accurately resourced and resolved.
- Act as an interface and escalation point-of-contact for large-scale support contracts with customers
- Manage a team that has vast experience in many technologies and disciplines including Operating Systems, Programming, Hardware, Computer Networking, Databases and much more. All employees have a Computer Science or Engineering background.
- Work with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced agile environment.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of honours degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field.
- Three or more years’ experience in a technical leadership/management role.
- Excellent knowledge of managing a department of technical staff working across many disciplines, including but not limited to: Databases, Programming, Hardware, Networking, Public/Private Cloud, Scripting, and Operating Systems.
- Strong time management skills with a proven track record on planning and prioritising.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills; strong team player.
- Experience in Scheduling, forecasting and project management.
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written, listening, executive presentations.
- Strong Delivery and execution skills.
- Experience in telecoms, networks and/or telecoms software industry.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Phil on 021 4911064 or email email@example.com