A new role has come to the Galway market with a leading Healthcare client for a Director of Global Quality Ops.
The Director of Quality Operations directs and coordinates the Quality Assurance activities and functions for the organization’s plants in specific global locations.
Key Duties (full job spec available on request)
- The position requires the incumbent to work with Plant QA Heads to design and implement multiple quality assurance and control systems that are compliant with Corporate quality standards as well as all applicable regulatory requirements.
- The role has the responsibility to implement and sustain continuous improvement programs such as Quality Systems Integration and support a specific program.
- Working closely with Divisional and Corporate stakeholders, the Director of QA Ops will ensure that the Plants deliver consistently to produce high-quality products, fill customer orders, and drive customer satisfaction/service.
- The Director will set strategies to optimize organizational efficiency, raise quality standards, manage cost and compliance through new technology, evaluate current practices, and transfer knowledge/Best Practice across sites.
- The Director will advise the Vice President of Quality on critical events such as product quality, safety, and regulatory issues.
- This position involves direct interface and activity/strategy coordination with leadership teams in Global Manufacturing, Materials Management, Engineering, R&D, Commercial Operations, Regulatory Affairs, and Legal.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering/Science/Life Sciences – Postgraduate degree desirable.
- Job requires extensive knowledge of Medical Devices and/or manufacturing as well as plant operations/product development, distribution and warehousing.
- Experience managing multiple sites in QA capacity is desirable.
- Proven track record of results managing FDA and other key Regulatory audits.
- Proven track record in driving Continuous Improvement programs.
- The Director must have a wide range of business and technical knowledge and the
- ability to work and interact with several cultures across various time zones.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and managerial skills with sound technical judgment.
- Experience managing in an environment with changing priorities and making appropriate risk-based decisions in the face of uncertainty.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills to influence many diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to present complex technical information to Senior Management.
- 10 years plus experience in QA leadership role
What you will receive in return
- Full healthcare
- Annual Leave
- Life Assurance
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Free parking
Please contact Elaine Dolan in confidence for more information on this role;
091 706 718