Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for a Desktop Support Specialist with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a 23-month contract position.
The IT Level 1 Desktop Engineer will be part of the IT Infrastructure Team. Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Manager they will be responsible for providing day-to-day support and administration to end-users for LAN, desktop or laptop equipment. This role also supports remote access, Audio Visual support and Senior Executive support.
• Setup IT equipment and install software for various applications and programs
• Manage JIRA requests, prioritising appropriately
• Interact with employees on desktop problems and their resolution
• Manage IT inventory with accuracy and timeliness
• Manage office printer infrastructure
• Ensure all devices are patched monthly
• Administer key Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, Office 365
• Provide support for Sharepoint administration
• Email Management- Setting up users, distribution lists etc.
• Deliver excellent customer service to all employees
• 3rd level IT related qualification
• Previous experience in providing administrative support for Cloud applications
• Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role in a Financial Services environment (desirable)
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael O’Leary