Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for a Desktop Support Specialist with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a 23-month contract position.
The IT Level 1 Desktop Engineer will be part of the IT Infrastructure Team. Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Manager they will be responsible for providing day-to-day support and administration to end users for LAN, desktop or laptop equipment. This role also supports remote access, Audio Visual support and Senior Executive support.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Setup IT equipment and install software for various applications and programs
- Manage JIRA requests, prioritising appropriately
- Interact with employees on desktop problems and their resolution
- Manage IT inventory with accuracy and timeliness
- Manage office printer infrastructure
- Ensure all devices are patched monthly
- Administer key Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, Office 365
- Provide support for Sharepoint administration
- Email Management- Setting up users, distribution lists etc.
- Deliver excellent customer service to all employees
- 3rd level IT related qualification
- Previous experience in providing administration support for Cloud applications
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role in a Financial Services environment (desirable)
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270