Exciting opportunity for a Desktop Support Engineer with a large medical device company based in Waterford.
The Desktop Support Engineer will support the Infrastructure & Database Lead for office and manufacturing based end-user computing hardware and software on PCs, laptops, mobile devices, printers and peripherals.
- Responsible, as part of a team, for providing support to a large number of computing devices and users.
- The primary helpdesk agent providing multi-level support to the site.
- May be required to provide out of hours support on a Rota basis to the plant for critical systems and services.
- Installation and support of various software applications.
- Liaise with vendors on installation and error resolution.
Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Third level Qualifications, coursework and experience supporting listed key activities of this position is advantageous.
- Previous experience in regulated manufacturing environment advantageous.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- High proficiency in installing and troubleshooting Windows 7 to 10.
- An Awareness of enterprise systems and software such as SCCM, GPO, AD, DNS, DHCP, Bitlocker, WSUS patching, Networking, backups, helpdesk system, firewalls, proxy, Outlook etc.
- Some system admin scripting experience.
- Knowledge of backup software.
- Ability to take on small projects.
- Level qualification in Computer Science is preferred.
- Good practical understanding of computer networking.
- A keen eye on technology, able to bring new ideas and suggestions to the IT team.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Phil on 021 4911064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org