We have a new opening for an Desktop Support Engineer Athlone Hybrid to join a multinational medical device company based in the Midlands. This position can be Hybrid.
The Desktop Support Engineer will provide technical support for the Athlone, Ireland site primarily in addition to other sites in EMEA when needed remotely.
This position will involve identifying and resolving all technical issues with software and hardware while adhering to our IT standards and procedures, maintaining the infrastructure and systems and providing end user training on a variety of computer software and hardware.
- Provides IT hardware and software support to include day-to-day operation, maintenance and problem resolution for all computer systems, equipment and software.
- Ensure Incident Management is recorded, monitored, and managed through our IM Application, Remedy.
- Network/Server Support (Hardware / Software). Patch Management, Network hardware maintenance, health checks and service.
- Creating and maintaining accounts through Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP, Azure etc.
- Some ERP Systems Support required, specifically SAP, QAD, and some local software/system maintenance.
- Purchase, build, configuration and installation of desktops / laptops / tablets / mobile phones / printers / IT Infrastructure
- Image build and distribution using image building software for hardware standards.
- Manage logging system for Laptop & Desktop inbound and outbound process.
- The management of connections between different sites, VPN and Data line implementation & monitoring.
- General IT administration tasks, Good documentation skills to SDLC and ITIL standards.
- Ensure the IT EMEA Operations standards are carried throughout the Site.
- Actively partake in system implementations, new office stand-ups and various IT projects where necessary.
- Diploma or 3rd Level Degree in IT
- Minimum 3- 4 Years work experience in an IT Service Operations or Service Support environment.
- Good experience of MS Active Directory environment, preferably MCSE exams taken and passed.
- Good experience in the deployment of Desktop / Laptop / Servers
- Experience in network support
- Experience in Windows 10 and Office 2016/365
- Experience in VOIP, Call management and video conference cloud-based systems.
- Ability and experience of prioritizing workload and work on own initiative
- Approachable and enthusiastic
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to work on own initiative and as a team player
What you will receive in return:
- Competitive salary
- Pension contribution
- Hybrid Model
For a full job description and confidential discussion on this role please contact: Gillian Nicholson