- Reference: 47212
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Meath
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
The client started trading in 2002 and is now one of the leading companies in the industry, specializing in High, Medium and Low Voltage Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution Systems throughout Ireland and UK.
Design Engineer Responsibilities
- The Design Engineer would be expected to design control and protection circuits for medium voltage switchgear.
- Substation design along with cable routes
- Ordering of materials in line with design and specifications.
- Understanding electrical control and power specifications.
- Generating documents in accordance with the ISO standards.
- Understanding electrical systems and drawings.
- Work within Engineering Office Procedures and Standards.
- Design and develop solutions to design problems and product improvements.
- Carry out design work as required on Engineering change orders.
- Carry out design work as required by the customer or by the internal operations team.
- Create detailed drawings for design including physical layouts and control / protection schematics.
- Liaise with suppliers on specifications and components.
- Responsible for complying with all aspects of site safety, environment rules and complying with all applicable legislations.
- Responsible for own safety and should be aware of the safety of others.
Design Engineer Essential Qualification and Experience:
- The successful candidate will be Electrical/Instrumentation Trade qualified or of an Electrical background with significant instrumentation, controls and power experience.
- Experience of medium size projects.
- 2-5 years’ design experience.
- Some experience in control wiring, and power stations would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, constructive questioning and decision-making ability.
- Proficient in the use of Cad based software packages.
For more information or to apply please contact Tina Egan on firstname.lastname@example.org 09064 78104.
Please Note: Collins McNicholas will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Setting the Standards for Excellence in Recruitment
To see a full list of jobs available across Ireland please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie