A multinational medical device manufacturer requires an R&D Design engineer to work on new product projects at their Sligo site. Areas of responsibility include;
- Conduct material and product testing and report on results
- Develop product prototypes to facilitate concept development and product innovation.
- Investigate and test new materials including competitor product testing
- Analyse and evaluate new/alternative testing methodologies and provide recommendations for improvements
- National Diploma (Ordinary Degree Level 7) in a technical or scientific related discipline.
- Ideally 2+ years relevant industry experience preferably in medical devices
- Manufacturing tooling experience and prototype development
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to test products and materials in a methodical and accurate way
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or 3D modeling
- Good working knowledge of medical device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Davin Ferguson on 0719140251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org